Changing the way the global community thinks about young people and their mental health by ensuring that services are developmentally and age appropriate, and that young people have an active voice in determining what is best for them.
The IAYMH Goals are to:
- Promote public and professional interest in the mental health and wellbeing of young people aged 12 to 25.
- Strive for systems change which advocates for a developmentally appropriate service response for young people and their families and carers.
- Meaningfully engage young people in the Association to develop a voice and advocate for systems change.
- Foster collaboration and communication internationally between individuals and organisations working to improve the health and wellbeing of young people using evidence informed practices wherever possible.
- Act as a conduit to highlight exemplars of new research and best practice in the youth mental health field.
- Advocate for improved standards of care for young people while promoting the advancement of research and education in youth mental health.